August 12, 2011

The Face of Jesus

I've seen the face of Jesus this week. No I haven't died or gone mad. I have seen him in the faces of all the people I see everday. Sometimes when kids are coming into my office three and four times a day my human mind gets annoyed and tired of these pointless complaints. It hard to not just send these kids back to class and ignore them because I know that there is nothing wrong with them. I have truly sick and hurt kids come to me everyday. Throwing up, bleeding, poopy pants, wet pants, head aches, fevers, broken bones, you name it I have seen it here. Those kids I have no problem stooping low to help. The back ache doesnt effect me then. Its when the same child comes down for the tenth time this week for a paper cut and I just want to snap. Or when there are staff and teachers that want me to do silly things like call mom and dad because little Jane Doe doenst want to sit still in class or when teachers expect me to finish my paperwork all the same day the hand it to me. Its times like these I have to honestly try.

"They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’" -Matthew 25:44-45



What if one of those kiddoes were Jesus? Would I turn him away even for the smallest scratch? Of course not I would be catering to him making sure he was taken care of. Perhaps I should view these people in the same way? If Jesus wanted my to just sit and talk for a few moments about what they had for lunch, wouldnt I treasure every moment? This is how I try to view people I come in contact with.

The grumpy cashier that doesnt say a word and gives you the wrong change. Love them like Jesus and say a few kind words. The little kid that wants to sit here because its hot outside. Love them like Jesus and let him sit. The parent that wants to yell at me because I am asking them to pick up their kid. Love them like Jesus and show them patience. Love her like Jesus and offer a kind smile or sweet encouragement. The teacher that emails me for the third time asking when I will have such-and-such paper work done. Love them like Jesus. The person begging for money on the corner. Love them like Jesus. The frustrated mom with screaming kids. The person who cuts out in front of you at the checkout line. Love them like Jesus. The chatty person that wont stop talking even though you have attempted to politely leave twice. Love them like Jesus. Just love on everyone the way Jesus would.
He listens to all my petty complaints, he counts every single one of my silly tears and my painful tears. He sits with me when times are rough or even when I am bored and seeking attention. He helps me even when he knows I can do it myself, and carries me when he knows I cant. He sees me so I need to see him. I see him in the faces of all the people around me.




No comments:

Post a Comment