September 27, 2011

God is Faithful


Even when I start to doubt I need to remember that God is faithful and he has a plan for my life. Some days are harder than others but in the end He is faithful.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."
Deuteronomy 7:9

Andrew and I have bought plane tickets to spend Christmas in Maryland with his family. We haven't been to Maryland in three years and haven't seen any of his friends and family and this time we get to spend ten days there! We are so excited to be able to visit friends and family over the holiday. It will be bittersweet because while we are there we will be celebrating Riley's due date. He was supposed to be a Christmas baby and this is the first Christmas that I will spend without him. December 27th is going to be really hard for me. That was the due date the doctor told us we may be holding our baby in our arms. Instead though Jesus is holding him for me. We are really praying that we have good news to share on Christmas day but we are just waiting for Gods plan in all of this.

We may be out the running for a mayflower but that doesn't mean I will stop praying for a cute little junebug or a fireworkbaby or a summerbaby or a saphirebaby or pumpkinbaby or whatever God has instore for us to bring home though. Sometimes its hard to trust when you have no idea what is going on. I just have faith that He can see the big picture. I know He has a purpose for all of this.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

Anyways we are still really happy and excited that we are going to go visit his family. We miss them a lot and it is a totally Gods blessing that we are able to go this year. He has provided us with so much its impossible to not be thankful. We are hoping for a white Christmas because I have never seen snow on Christmas before. We do live in Arizona where all you need is a sweater in the middle of winter. What a beautiful day it would be to have powder snow on the ground, family and friends all around and a great surprise to tell everyone. Even if we have no surprise to share we will be amazingly blessed to have this opportunity.

I am already in the Christmas spirit! I am wanting to wear sweaters and scarves. Excited to go to Maryland I want to pack already, I am one of those strange people that LOVE to pack. I really really love it. I am ready for snow and cold weather. I am ready to celebrate the birth of my Savior with my family. It is one of my favorite times of the year. God is good through all the storms, I am hoping and praying it is time for my rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment